Monday, September 1, 2008

Matthews Festival





Saturday morning we went to the Matthews Festival that they have every year Labor Day weekend. We got there when it openned so the kids could get on all the rides before the parade at 10. It was great, no lines. Brady loved the slide and asked to do 'mo'. Ashlyn got a butterfly painted on her face while we waited for the parade to come. We met up with our friends, the Shaws. Ashlyn and Kylie have been good friends since before they both turned one. We stayed for about 2 1/2 hours then it looked like Brady had had enough.

When we got home, Brady didn't even want lunch. He wanted his crib. Wierd, it was only 11:30 am. He felt super hot, so I took his temperature. He had 102.6. Where did that come from? I gave him some motrin. He napped for less than an hour. When he got up he was acting fine so we went out to some stores to buy a birthday gift. Big mistake. Well I guess we did too much because when we got home he had 104 temperature. Straight to bed at 5:30 pm. Did I mention I didn't put any pants on him, just left him in his diaper and a pj top? He was burning up, so I thought it was a good idea at the time...until Tommy called me while I was out with Ashlyn. Um... Brady took off his diaper and...I'm sure you can figure out the rest. Tommy did a good job cleaning up, but Brady was up again. He went back to bed in clean sheets at 8 pm. He slept through the night.

No comments: