Friday, August 29, 2008

Gymnastics




Last night was Ashlyn's first gymnastics class; she's the one in the light pink leotard. Wow, it brought back memories. She loved it! She asked if she could live at the gym. She's definitely my daughter. When we got to the gym I told her to sit with her class and listen to Coach Gina (she's Russian with not much personality). As soon as I walked away, Ashlyn was jumping on a spring board and climbing all over the mats. I had to explain to her that it is not free play, that she is going to learn from her coach. She just seemed to be so interested in the older gymnasts flipping around that she had a hard time focusing on her group. I noticed a few times the coach used one hand to turn Ashlyn's head around in the right direction. She said at the end of class, "I just want to be where all the other girls are." I said, "keep practicing and you will be there someday."
I can't wait to see her do a real cartwheel. She tried last night but it didn't remotely look like one. If I know her, she won't stop until she can do it right.

No comments: