Monday, September 29, 2008

Disney World

We're back. I can't even begin to tell you how great our trip was. We had a rocky start when Tommy woke up sick in the middle of our second night there. I had to venture off myself with the kids to Animal Kingdom. It went okay, except for some fighting in the double stroller. Oh...we left our stroller in Charlotte and had to buy one at Super Walmart in Orlando (that was an interesting trip...Tommy said it was his worst shopping experience ever...no wonder he bought a huge bottle of vodka there, yes in Walmart). Anyway, I rented a double stroller in Animal Kingdom..$31 for the day, but well worth it. Thankfully Tommy started to feel better and we all went to Hollywood Studios the next day with my parents and my brother and his wife.




September is a great time to go...very little lines to wait on. Some rides had no wait at all. Some of Ashlyn and Brady's favorites were: It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Cars, Thunder Mountain (Ashlyn's favorite, even though Brady kept saying "me too, me too"...he wanted so bad to be tall enough), Splash Mountain, and the Mickey Mouse Philharmagic Show (Brady was a little scared of this one, it was 3-D). I loved Space Mountain myself...I went on it all by myself. I wanted to try the Rock-n-Roll and Mt Everest rollercoasters but Ashlyn was an inch too short. Next year she'll be tall enough but I don't think she really knows how crazy those coasters are. She may have my 'love for rollercoasters' genes though.






Ashlyn got her wish to become Princess Jasmine at the Bibbitti Bobbitti Boutique. She was so lucky that she even got picked to get made up in a special area (in the front window of the store). People were walking by waving and pointing at her. She felt like she was famous. When she was done, people asked to have their picture taken with her and some even asked for her autograph. She ate it up.






Ashlyn also got to eat lunch with 5 of her favorite princesses (Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella, Alice, and Aurora). She got many autographs and pictures taken with them. Brady got to eat breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch on his birthday. Too bad he didn't eat a thing (not even his birthday cupcake) and wanted to leave pretty much as soon as we got there. Ashlyn had fun though.





Daddy and Brady going down the water slide at our hotel for the 100th time. Brady has his own song, "Slide, um, um. Slide, um, um."


Ashlyn's favorite princess, Jasmine.


Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.


Donald Duck and the family in Mexico (Epcot).

No comments: