Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No More Too Scaries

Brady telling the story...
Back in June, when Daddy went into the hospital for surgery (he had a boo boo in his mouth that needed to come out), I started to have trouble sleeping. The week he was in the hospital, I would wake up in the middle of the night and tip toe into Mommy's room. Since Mommy was so tired from taking trips to the hospital at all hours of the day and night, I was able to convince her to let me sleep in Daddy's spot. Now that was awesome. I had so much space to roll around. It also made me feel so safe. But the day Daddy came home, I was only allowed to nap there that one day. Why wouldn't they let me sleep with them? I don't take up that much space. They kept telling me that I had to sleep in my own room like a big boy. But my room is too scary. I'm not sure if they really believed me. So I started to make all kinds of excuses to get out of bed. When it was time for night-night, I would get up to tell them...I got to go potty, I got to go poop, I want the door open, I want the door closed, I want the light on, read book, my room is too scary. Mommy put an extra night light in my room and even gave me a lion flashlight to scare away all the bad guys. That didn't work. I would ask Sissy to sleep in bunk beds with me so she could protect me. That worked for a little while, but I still woke up in the middle of the night scared. So Mommy came up with an idea to try to make me feel safe. She would sit in my doorway every night until I was asleep and even in the middle of the night if I woke up. Sometimes I would make her stay there for a long time because I couldn't fall asleep. I guess she wasn't having too much fun doing that because she brought me to Target to pick out a big stuffed puppy and new night light. She said that the puppy would take over her job at night. He would scare all the bad guys away. If he missed any, the new rocket ship night light would blast them into space. I really want to see the rocket ship blast off, but I guess my puppy is really good at his job because I am not scared anymore.


No comments: