Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kindergarten Girl












I can't believe that my baby girl is off to kindergarten already. It seems like just yesterday she was throwing all her stuffed animals in her crib so she could be "covered up with all animals". Sometimes I think that she would still sleep in her crib if Brady didn't come along. She loved that thing.

Tommy, Brady, and I walked Ashlyn into school to her classroom...or should I say...Tommy, Brady, and I followed and tried to keep up with Ashlyn sprinting down the hall to her classroom. She is obviously so ready for "big kid" school. By the time we caught up with her, she was in the room making herself at home...like she does anywhere she goes. Her teacher, Mrs. Bensch, gave her a big hug and welcomed her to her class. I know I'm going to love her. Ashlyn took off to explore, and you know the first thing she wanted to play with? The overhead projector...of course the one thing she is not suppose to touch. Good thing I caught her before Mrs. Bensch saw her...otherwise, great first impression. So after everything was in order and Mrs. Bensch went over the chores with Ashlyn (this is when I realized I forgot to pack her a snack...great first impression), we left our little girl to enjoy her first big day without us. She made it easy to hold back the tears because she was so comfortable...I wouldn't expect anything less from Miss Independent.

2:30 came around, so I went outside to wait for Ashlyn's bus. She looked so cute sitting in the front seat when I stepped on to greet her. When I asked her how the ride was, she said "Mommy, it was just too long"...this is probably because we live about 2 minutes from the school, but it took about 20 minutes for her to get home..."We had to go in two other neighborhoods before ours. One little one and one BIG one." She was so excited to show me everything in her book bag...especially the candy kiss and hug from her teachers. I'm sure that she is going to love school just like her Mommy.

No comments: