Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Soccer at the YMCA

Go Ashlyn!
Definitely born to play offense like her Mommy.
Although she loves playing goalie, unlike her Mommy.

This weeks game Ashlyn made a big change in her style of playing. I taught her how to play by position. Usually she would just run all over the field, wherever the ball was she would try to get there as fast as she could. Well, last week she complained of being too tired and her legs hurt...she's only 6. I told her Saturday morning before this game that she didn't need to run all over the field and that was why she got so tired and asked to come out of the game. I never asked to come out when I was playing, unless I couldn't walk because of an injury...even then I still tried to play. I hated sitting on the sidelines watching. So I took out a piece of paper, drew the field and showed her how to play a position. I really didn't expect her to completely understand the concept, but she did! She didn't get tired and really enjoyed playing much much more. That's my smart little girl!


No comments: