Sunday, November 22, 2009

Renaissance Festival

So I woke up last Sunday morning and Tommy had bought tickets online to the Renaissance Festival for the day. This was the first time for all of us, so we didn't know what we were in for. It was a lot of fun. Lots of rides and games for the kids, really cool shows, fantastic people watching, and great food. I, of course, had to get the big turkey leg for lunch, the kids had meatballs in a bread bowl to share (Brady also had some of my turkey leg...he tries pretty much anything), and Tommy had a steak on a stick. Here are some pictures of some of the things we did...

Our first ride...the spinning ships. Boy was I dizzy...I couldn't wait for it to end.

Climb the ladder...win five bucks. Well if you know Ashlyn, then you know she was determined to do it. She had five tries for $2. Poor thing, she worked so hard.

First time climbing the BIG rock wall...

"Mommy, I can't reach the top. My arms are not big enough."

"Believe me Ashlyn, that's high enough."

Our Star pitcher throwing tomatoes at the insulter.

Brady had the crowd in amazement with his throws.

Ashlyn hit the guy right in the face after he insulted her. Take that!

After the jousting show, Ashlyn gave it a shot on this horse on a zip cord.

The pole was too heavy to hold up, so she barely missed the ring.

Mommy in charged of her kids plus 2 on a bumpy camel ride.

This green troll let kids come up and make a tooting noise from his can of goo.

Ashlyn loved it. Brady was too afraid of him.

No comments: