Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kissing Bandit

So when Ashlyn came home from school today, Stephanie (the mom I carpool with), told me that Ashlyn was on the "red light" today (which means she got in trouble after a warning). I asked Ashlyn what happened and she told me that she tried to kiss Graham but he didn't want her to kiss him. That got her the warning, "yellow light". "What happened to get you on the red light?" I asked. I tried to kiss Graham again. I asked her why she did that, especially after a warning, and she said, "I really wanted to kiss a boy, Mommy. I only get to kiss Daddy and Brady, and I really wanted to kiss a boy that was just my friend. I'm thinking...you're only FIVE, please don't be starting this already. Of course I talked to her about boundaries, not invading any one's personal space, and to always keep your hands (and lips) to yourself. We hope now that all her kisses are just for family and those that give her permission.

No comments: