Friday, January 16, 2009

A little girl's dream comes true


What kid doesn't dream about getting bunk beds?
When Ashlyn transferred to a big girl bed she loved her new furniture. Well that was until she went to play at her friend's house and discovered a bunk bed. Tommy and I told her that when Brady gets a big boy bed that we would get him a bunk bed and she could sleep on the top bunk. I'm not sure if she understands that it doesn't mean forever. Now she can't wait to go to sleep...she even asks to take a nap when Brady does. Not that I let her, Brady would never go to sleep. Well I guess we should put her bed up for sale...just kidding. I'm sure the novelty will wear off someday. Until then, I think this will bring brother and 'sissy' closer.
The first night, Brady was a little scared going to sleep in a big boy bed. Tommy and I could hear them over the monitor...Ashlyn, in her cute little voice, tried to explain to Brady that bad dreams are just make believe and not to be scared because she was here to protect him. I think that she is starting to understand what it is to be a big sister...

No comments: