Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poison Ivy?

Okay, so last week on Wednesday my face started to itch. I thought that a bug just got me a few times on the face. Well, I scratched and scratched. It started to get worse and spread all over the right side of my cheek and my neck. I tried everything . Now keep in mind that my husband gets poison ivy all of the time, he can just walk by it and get it. So how did I get it and not him? We were in the same places on Sunday at the park? I also am so careful not to touch anything. Meanwhile he fishes through a pack of leaves and vines to get someone's basketball and I say, hope you don't get poison ivy...you should have used your foot instead of your hands.

I should have gone to the doctor on Friday when I called to see if they could give me anything for the itch. They said they had to see me first. So I tried to make it through the weekend. Well by Monday, my face was swollen and throbbing. I went to the doctor...I have shingles!!! ON MY FACE!!! How gross is that!? So I have to call all of my students to make sure they have had chicken pox or have been vaccinated. What a pain in the neck, literally...and in the face too. I hate leaving the house and I feel like I have to explain my disgusting oozing crusty face to everyone I see, even complete strangers. I won't even go to the gym. Probably better off, the people wouldn't be able to work out because they would be too busy looking at my face. Ashlyn even looks at it. She'll be talking to me and I will catch her eyes moving to look at it. I will say, "are you looking at my shingles?" she'll say, "yes, I like to Mommy." I hope this medicine kicks in soon, we have a block party on Saturday.

No comments: